to order, or to send us an email please click
DRAPER FARMER'S CHOICE BOXES
Draper is partnering with Ward's Berry Farm to provide Draper Farmer's Choice Boxes - set boxes of seasonal fruits and vegetables for pre-ordering. Each week from early June through late November farmer Jim Ward will select a variety of local produce (most of which is picked fresh right here at Ward's Berry Farm in Sharon, MA) to fill the boxes. The contents of the boxes vary from week to week as the season progresses, so not only do you get fresh produce, but you also gain a real feel for our local cycle of crops!
Each week during the season, an approximate list of the contents of that week's box will be posted on our website on the Draper Farmer's Choice Boxes order page. Actual contents may vary; if crops don't come in as expected, we must make substitutions. Any substitutions will be with items as similar as possible, and of equal or greater value.
- PURCHASING OPTIONS:
- We offer three options for purchasing:
- SUMMER/FALL SHARE -- $500
One box per week from 6/6/17 - 11/21/17
21 boxes (no box 7/4, 8/22, 8/29, 10/24)
- SUMMER SHARE -- $250
One box per week from 6/6/17 - 8/15/17
10 boxes (no box 7/4)
- FALL SHARE -- $275
One box per week from 9/5/17 - 11/21/17
11 boxes (no box 10/24)
Ordering Deadline: August 8, 2017
- PICK UP:
- Tuesdays, after 11:00AM in the
Draper Parking Garage
Ground floor, next to motorcycle parking
- You may order and prepay for all shares on our
All cancellations must be made by the ordering deadline.
- When does it start?
- Our first box for 2017 will be Tuesday, June 6.
Our first Fall Season box will be Tuesday, September 5.
The list of approximate contents will be posted on our order page and emailed to people on the email list.
- Where do I pick up?
- Pick up is on the ground floor of the Draper Parking Garage, next to the motorcycle parking.
- Can someone else pick up my box for me?
- No problem - just tell them the time & place!
- How do I pay?
- You may order and pay (Paypal or credit card) online on our order page.
- What happens if I miss my pick up?
- Unclaimed boxes will be donated to a local food pantry.
- How much food is in each box? Will I be able to carry the box?
- Our boxes are about 12" X 17" X 7", with hand-holes for easy carrying and a separate lid. The weight varies with the type of produce, but a box will usually weigh between 10 and 20 lbs.
- Is all the produce from Ward's Berry Farm?
- Initially, all produce will be from Ward's. Later in the season, we may add items from other Massachusetts farms, but at least 90% of the produce in each box will always be from Ward's. For example, since we do not grow apples, in fall we often add apples from a farm about 40 miles away. You can see when our crops are in season on our Crop Calendar.
- Is the produce organic?
- No. Ward's crops are grown using IPM (integrated pest management) and judicious use of pesticides and fertilizers.
- Can I get pro-rated for my vacation week, or weeks that I can't pick up?
- No, but you are welcome to have someone else pick up for you.
- Do you have half shares?
- No, all our boxes contain the same amount of produce.
- Will my box contain the exact items listed in the email and on the website?
- There are many factors (weather, pests, etc.) that can affect crops right up until the moment they are picked. So although our predictions are usually accurate, sometimes we must make substitutions. We always substitute with something as similar as possible, of equal or greater value.
- Can you make substitutions for specific items? I have food allergies. There are some fruits and vegetables I never eat.
- Unfortunately, we cannot make any substitutions for any reason.
- What happens if something is missing from my box?
- We try to be perfect, but mistakes happen! Ward's is always glad to replace any missing or unsatisfactory items. Just email and a replacement will be sent for you the following week.
- Who should I speak to when I call the farm?
- For all problems, questions and concerns about Farmer's Choice Boxes, please email directly. This will assure that the right person hears your problem, so you will get a quick and accurate response.
- Can I bring back the empty box for reuse?
- Yes, please! We will reuse boxes while they are in good condition, then relegate them to dirtier farm chores.