Do you love working with people and being outdoors?
We are looking for outgoing, motivated folks with a passion for agriculture and food to represent Ward's Berry Farm at local outdoor farmers markets. Starting in June and running through October, these are part-time seasonal positions; hours and days will vary.
Beyond helping to share our farm's pride in and passion for what we grow with the community, the job involves a unique combination of produce handling, savvy farm marketing and sales, especially good ol' fashioned face-to-face customer service.
The ideal candidate is an energetic people-person with a cheery outlook and strong attention to detail. He or she should thrive on customer interaction, be of vigorous good health and have the capability and willingness to develop a strong knowledge of the farm, its growing practices and its products. As it is important to have some knowledge of all aspects of the business, other activities will be necessary at times.
All applicants must:
- Be well organized, efficient and able to work independently.
- Possess a positive, diligent work ethic.
- Love working outdoors.
- Be friendly, outgoing, and knowledgeable.
- Present a professional, clean, warm and approachable appearance.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be able to bend, stoop, lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis.
- Have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Be able to operate a small box truck and be comfortable driving in and around Boston.
Previous farm experience is preferred, reliability is a must!
For more information, please call 781-389-2349.
If you would like to join our team, please download
and fill out our employment application.
Please note on your application that you are applying for the FARMERS MARKET position.
We look forward to hearing from you!